Hello to you and welcome back to real life. Summer was great but it’s time to get back to our even greater goal-getting selves. Now, what better way to celebrate than with a new workwear wardrobe? We’ll take any excuse to shop at one of our favourite online destinations for luxury fashion. Naturally, we headed straight to Luisaviaroma to find some key pieces to update our working woman wardrobe. So how do you shop your back to work style? We’ve got four rock-solid tips and the best part is, you don’t even need to leave your couch.
Step 1: Find A Key Piece To Build Your Outfit Around
We know, it’s hard enough as it is to wake up at 07.00am, scroll on Instagram for a good 20 minutes and then somehow figure out what to wear before you’re too late. But we might just have a little hack to ease your morning Monday mood.
It’s all about finding that one piece you just can’t get enough of. A piece that is versatile and will work as the basis for your outfit. That way, when you get up in the morning all you need to do is style around that dress, jumpsuit, suit or two-piece.
The Boiler Suit
Workwear doesn’t exclusively mean pencil skirts or blazers. Of course, this highly depends on where you’re working and what your style is, but it’s worth trying to think a little out of the box. That’s how I came to the new love of my life, this Alexa Chung Boiler Suit. When you’re looking for this key piece I’d highly recommend checking out designer goods on Luisaviaroma. Yes, it’s on the pricier side but it means the quality will be endless and you’ll enjoy it for much longer. Also, this boiler suit, in particular, fits like a glove. These things are never really very flattering, but you can really tell that some serious thought and design talent has been put into this jumpsuit. Ahem, watch me never take this thing off.
- LuisaviaromaNotched lapels. Sleeveless. Front half button closure . Side button tabs at waist. Side slits at hem. Raw cut hem. Unlined . Sample size: S£280.00Diesel
Cotton Blend Denim JumpsuitXS S MMore details
- SALELuisaviaromaShirt style collar. Long sleeves. Concealed front snap button and zip closure. Button cuffs. Fitted waist . Two breast snap button flap pockets. Two front patch pockets. Lined. Sample size: 8£200.00
Wide Leg Cotton Denim Jumpsuit6More details
- LuisaviaromaSquare neckline. Wide shoulder straps. Concealed back zip closure. Adjustable front button closures. Two back pockets. Wide leg. Unlined. Sample size: S£427.00Frame
Wide Leg Cotton Denim OverallsXS S MMore details
- SALELuisaviaromaAdjustable shoulder straps with button closures. Side button closures. Belt loops. Two front chest pockets. Two back pockets. Sample size: 26£245.00
Tammy Denim OverallsS MMore details
- SALELuisaviaromaCan be worn as a jumpsuit or dress. Shirt style collar. Long sleeves. Front button closure . Sides with buttons. Sample size: 40£288.00
£480.00MM6 MAISON MARGIELA
Cotton Poplin Jumpsuit36 38 40 42More details
The Ganni Dress
If you’re looking for a workwear staple that is a little more dressed up by itself (you can still dress it down) then follow Mihaela’s lead and search for a feminine midi dress. Hers is from Ganni, a brand we’re obsessing over at Fashiola and one that ticks all the right boxes for elegant yet on-trend dresses that are suitable for both work and play. She chose a paired-back black one, but if you want to stand out a little more they have some great printed dresses for a bit of a bolder effect that will make you look like you belong in the street style shots of Copenhagen Fashion Week (aka goals).
- LuisaviaromaV Neckline. Three-quarter lentghs sleeves. Wrap style with self-tie closure. Overlapping front panels. All over print placement may vary . Asymmetrical hem. Lined. Sample size: 36£210.00Ganni
Printed Georgette Wrap Dress34 36 38 40More details
Printed Crepe Midi Wrap Dress1V Neckline. Three-quarter length sleeves. Wrap style with self-tie closure. All over print placement may vary . Unlined. Sample size: 3634 36 38 40 42More details
- SALELuisaviaromaRound neckline. Long sleeves. Concealed front zip closure. All over print placement may vary. Gathered skirt panels. Sample size: 36£231.00
Cameron Polka Dots Satin Viscose Dress34 36More details
- LuisaviaromaHigh collar. Three-quarter length sleeves. Concealed back zip closure. Button cuffs. All over print placement may vary . Unlined. Sample size: 36£150.00Ganni
Balloon Sleeves Printed Crepe Mini Dress36 38More details
- LuisaviaromaV Neckline. Long sleeves. Wrap style with self-tie closure. Overlapping front panels. All over print placement may vary . Unlined. Sample size: 36£210.00Ganni
Printed Crepe Wrap Midi Dress34 36 38 40More details
- SALELuisaviaromaV neckline. Three-quarter length sleeves. Wrap style with self-tie closure. All over pattern placement may vary . Ruffled edges. Lined. Sample size: 36£140.00
Ruffled Plumetis Wrap Mini Dress36 38More details
Step 2: Step Up Your Footwear Game
Now that you’ve got the base of your outfit it’s time to figure out what shoes you’ll want to wear with it. What’s great about Luisaviaroma is that you can find everything from comfy, chunky heels to designer pumps and the latest sneaker drops. As I’m good on the heels department and since Mihaela is more of a flat shoe type of gal, we both went for some trainers. Both trainers are a little different from the classic shoes like Stan Smiths, Converse or Vans that we’re seeing everywhere but are not too Out There, which means you can still easily pair them with different looks.
I had my eye on a pair of Asics shoes ever since I’ve spotted the running shoes and summer dress trend, I guess I’m a sucker for just making things extra comfy. I like the look of them contrasted against the dark boiler suit, but I’ve been wearing them with anything and everything from short shorts on weekend trips and cute midi skirts to go out to dinner in. Mihaela picked a salmon beigey shade for her Adidas trainers, which is a nice way to make her dress look a little less dressy, without having the trainers stand out too much.
- Luisaviaroma60mm Suede-covered heel. Suede upper. Side zip closure£360.00L'Autre Chose
60mm Suede Ankle Boots36 37 37.5 38 38.5 39 40 41More details
- SALELuisaviaromaFront lace-up closure. Suede upper. TPU details. Logo details. Mesh lining. EVA midsole. Rubber sole£87.00
Falcon Suede Sneakers3.5 4 4.5 5 5.5 7.5 8 8.5 9More details
- Luisaviaroma20mm Heel. Patent leather upper . Leopard print pony skin inserts. All over print placement may vary. Front metal plaque detail. Leather insole. Rubber sole£550.00Tod's
20mm Patent Leather & Pony Skin Loafers36 37 37.5 38 38.5 39 40More details
- Luisaviaroma50mm Velvet covered heel. Velvet upper . Sling back strap with elastic insert. Embellished with crystals. Leather lining. Leather sole£775.00Manolo Blahnik
50mm Dolores Embellished Velvet Pumps36 37 37.5 38 38.5 39 39.5 40 41More details
- LuisaviaromaLeather and mesh upper. Front lace-up closure. Embroidered logo detail. Contrasting color details. GEL™ cushioning technology. Rubber sole£152.00Asics
Hbx X Gel-kayano 5 Og Sneakers4.5 5 5.5 6 6.5 7 7.5More details
- Luisaviaroma10mm Heel. Leather upper. Horsebit detail. Leather sole£515.00Gucci
10mm Princetown Leather Mules35 35.5 36 36.5 37 37.5 38 38.5 39More details
Step 3: Accessorize baby!
So this where the magic happens! Luisaviaroma is packed with lovely little gems like hair barrettes, earrings and silk scarves to spruce up your outfit. We’re also a big fan of their bag collection, which includes all the latest bag trends you’re seeing on Instagram. Mihaela picked a mini backpack, it suits her casual off-duty style and adds a bit of streetwear edge to her workwear look.
Have some fun here, roam around the Luisaviaroma website and find accessories that are a bit unexpected to really elevate your look!
- LuisaviaromaLength: 5cm Width: 7cm. Resin. Hypo allergenic stainless steel post back closure. Any variation in color or detailing is a result of the handcrafted nature of this item. Slight imperfections are not to be considered defects, but add to its value and unique character.£138.00Abigail Geometric Earrings01More details
- LuisaviaromaLength: 140cm Width: 140cm. Placed logo print. Contrasting color trim. All over print placement may vary£315.00Gucci
Disco Leopard Print Silk Scarf01More details
- LuisaviaromaHeight: 18cm Width: 18cm Depth: 10cm. Double beaded top handles. Top handle drop: 13cm. One internal pocket. Lined£541.00Shrimps
Antonia Beaded Top Handle Bag01More details
- LuisaviaromaLenses: 53mm Bridge: 19mm Temples: 140mm. Glittered acetate frames. UVA & UVB Protection. Compatible with prescription lenses£170.00Miu Miu
Glitter Cat Eye Acetate Sunglasses01More details
- LuisaviaromaIncludes two matching hair clips. Length: 6.8cm Width: 2.3cm. Resin . Stainless steel clip. Any variation in color or detailing is a result of the handcrafted nature of this item. Slight imperfections are not to be considered defects, but add to its value and unique character.£34.00Set Of 2 Kelly Glitter Hair Clips01More details
- LuisaviaromaHeight: 10cm Width: 18cm Depth: 5cm. Detachable, adjustable shoulder strap. Logo webbing shoulder strap. Top zip closures. Gold-colored metal logo detail. One back patch pocket. Cotton lining£300.00Marc Jacobs
Snapshot Leather Shoulder Bag01More details
Step 4 - It starts with an S and rhymes with kale...
Ok so, here it goes, here’s our little secret to shopping designer goods – Its Sale! Ok, maybe not a ground-breaking revelation, but Luisaviaroma’s sales are seriously good. We got both our outfits on sale, making it much less of a barrier to shop the brands we love. For me buying something from Alexa Chung’s brand was a long-time wish of mine (that and a holiday home in the south of France) and for Mihaela, she had been eyeing those Ganni dresses for a long time. Stay posted with the latest Sales on online destinations like Luisaviaroma via Fashiola. You’ll be the first to find out about any sales and receive exclusive discount codes here on Fashiola!
So there it is our four tips on shopping for your workwear wardrobe with Luisaviaroma. All that’s left for you to do is to start shopping. I don’t think you’ll mind…