Don’t be fooled, winter may look like the right time of the year to go all goth-chic, but it may just surprise you as the perfect season for a blank fashion canvas. It’s easy to slip on dark velvety pants, warm woolly plaid pants and your darkest jeans - but can you wear white pants in winter? I’m trying my hardest to avoid writing this in capitals because I’m truly convinced everyone should try this at least once; but Yes. My answer is yes and let me tell you why.
Why White Trousers work for Winter
Reason 1: It’s the Chicest Thing you Can possible do
In my opinion, there’s nothing more chic and expensive-looking than white or off-white clothing. And the best part is: you can still afford rent after buying a pair of white trousers, yay! Wide leg and flared white trousers, in particular, are really the height of sophistication. When you’re heading to some kind of fancy event or any other festivity, if you’ve got white trousers you’re halfway to the perfect outfit. Pair them with heels for a dressier look or sneakers for a fresh take to office wear. It’s truly hard to wear white trousers in winter and not look impeccable, the colour itself already says enough about how well-put-together you are to keep them white - I mean, that’s what people think…
Reason 2: They Are Versatile but not boring
It may seem a little bit daunting at first to wear white trousers in winter, or somehow a big step away from your go-to black, blue or grey pants - but really they are not so different. White trousers are just as easy to match with the rest of your wardrobe, in summer as well as winter. They will go with anything from big brights to subdued pastel hues, chunky knits to polished blouses and casual long sleeve T-shirts, heels to trainers - you get it, literally everything. The only thing I would avoid is super dark colours on top, it takes away all of the pants classiness.
Reason 3: They Are the Key to your Monochromatic Look
What’s even chicer than white trousers in winter? A full white-wintery look. You may have read my blog on beige-on-beige outfits, if not I’d suggest to head on over and read because you don’t want to miss out on this both unbelievably easy and stylish look. Often the pants are the missing link in this monochromatic look, so by investing in a pair of gorgeous white trousers for winter, you’ll be halfway this top-notch look.
Reason 4: Just because they’re white doesn’t mean they won’t keep you warm
Somehow we got into our heads that light, soft shades are reserved for summer. Just like florals are only for spring, baggy jeans for boys and slippers for the pool (ok this one may be right) these are nothing more than assumptions we’ve just collectively accepted and one by one discard. Perhaps that’s why they are so elegant to wear in winter especially, as it’s unexpected and shows some (stylish) guts. There are plenty of white trousers out there that are crafted with cold weather in mind, look for wool fabrics or opt for white jeans rather than flowy cotton pants.
What White Trousers to get for Winter?
Now that I’ve convinced you, hopefully, you’re ready to do some shopping. As I said, you should be looking for wool pants or white jeans, I’ve had the honour to select a few of the best ones here on Fashiola. All you need to do is find one you love and you’re one step closer to wearing white Trousers in winter.
SHOP WHITE TROUSERS
- ArketClassic five-pocket jeans with straight and slightly cropped legs, sewn from a denim twill made of organic cotton. The natural shade of raw cotton is carefully bleached and tinted to produce a warm ecru tone. Zip flySilver-tone metal hardware13 ozOrganic cotton is cultivated and harvested from non-genetically modified plants, without the use of chemical fertilisers and pesticidesWomen > Jeans > Cropped£59.00ARKET
REGULAR Cropped Jeans25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32More details
- COSWide curved legMid riseCropped length These mid-rise jeans are made from structured, heavyweight cotton denim with tonal double topstitching. A wide, curved leg shaped like a barrel, it has a single patch pocket at the back and a classic fly at the wide waistband. Back length of size 27 is 66.5cm£69.00COS
BARREL LEG JEANS32More details
- SALEFarfetchWhite cotton tailored trousers from Aspesi featuring a high waist and a wide leg.£180.00
Tailored trousers38More details
- FarfetchWhite high-rise straight leg trousers from Philosophy Di Lorenzo Serafini featuring a high rise, a button fastening, side pockets, rear pockets, a waistband with belt loops and a straight leg.£228.00Serafini
High-rise straight leg trousers38-40-42-44More details
- FarfetchDreaming of denim? Look no further and treat yourself to these white cotton kerrie wide-leg jeans from Khaite that have enough spacious room for you to easily eat as much as you want without feeling uncomfortable. Now that's what you call a dreamy pair of jeans. Featuring a waistband with belt loops, a button and zip fly, a five pocket design and a regular length.£330.00Khaite
Kerrie wide leg jeans24-25-26-27-28-29-30More details
- SALEFarfetchWhite Cropped Pant from 3.1 Phillip Lim.£152.00
£380.003.1 Phillip Lim
Cropped Pant4-6More details
- FarfetchWhite stretch cotton pleated high-rise trousers from Entre Amis featuring an off-centre front button fastening, a waistband with belt loops, a pleated design, side slit pockets, rear welt pockets and a straight fit.£196.00Entre Amis
Pleated high-rise trousers31-33-38More details
- FarfetchWhite Dilman flare trousers from Roland Mouret featuring a hook and zip fly, side pockets, pressed centre creases and wide flared leg.£1,056.00Roland Mouret
Dilman flare trousers12More details
- SALEFarfetchIvory tailored wide leg trousers from Each X Other featuring a high rise, a waistband with belt loops, a concealed front fastening, side slit pockets, rear welt pockets and a regular length.£191.00
£382.00Each x Other
Tailored wide leg trousersXSMore details
- SALEHobbsDiscover the endlessly elongating power of the wide leg trouser. Showcasing said cut, the Caroline trousers offer a sleek alternative to the cocktail dress. Crafted from satin back crepe for a fluid fit that feels soft against your skin, style with a statement blouse and heels for a contemporary occasion look. Model is 175cm/5'9" and is wearing a size UK 8.£89.00
Caroline Trousers Ivory6 8 10 12 14 16 18More details
- H&MAnkle-length trousers in soft cotton twill with a high waist, front pockets, back pockets and a flap leg pocket. Wide, gently tapered legs with seams at the knees and an adjustable tab at the hems.£39.99H&M
Ankle-length cargo trousers4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20 22More details