The academic year’s nearly ending, and with summer approaching so does prom season! It’s time to start preparing for your prom with researching trends, ideas and blogs. To make it easier for you we’ve put together a prom edit with trends, colours, materials and prom dresses that we just know you’ll adore. Whether you’re into evening gowns, black prom dresses or you’re afraid you won’t find any plus size prom dresses, this edit will guide you through some of this season’s best prom dresses.
Prom Edit: All the prom dresses
Let’s start with the most important thing: you must feel confident in your dress. Confidence will make you stand out, not necessarily the dress!
Now, the basics of prom dresses:
Choose the right length: whether you go mini, midi or maxi, make sure it fits your body type. As a petite, better go for mini or maxi and avoid midi at all costs. But if you’re tall, please do try a few midi dresses.
Choose the right colour: Blondes - go for warm, red tinted colours. Brunettes and black-headed - pick a cool blue or green. Gingers - try violet for a change.
Choose the right material: Silk, satin and cotton are your best friends. Stay away from nylon, suede and leather at all cost.
Black evening gowns vs black prom dresses
Luckily, black’s for everyone. Always the classic and safe option - if you end up opting for black don’t feel bad, there truly isn’t any better dress than the little black dress, right? Anyhow, if you want to go all out definitely go through black evening gowns to find your perfect one. But if you rather go somewhat smaller, check out black prom dresses for your dress.
All the plus size prom dresses you’ll ever want
Did you think we would forget about you? No way! We get it, sometimes it can be hard to find dresses that will fit you 100%, but here’s a little secret: no dress ever fits everyone 100%. Their secret is a seamstress. So, find something that fits you more or less, and get it fitted with someone. That way, with your plus size prom dresses you’ll shine just as well as any other girl at prom.
- AmazonDorothy Perkins Women's Luxe Satin Sweetheart, Cut Out Back Party and Evening Dresses, Black (Black), 12£50.00Dorothy Perkins
Women's Luxe Satin Sweetheart, Cut Out Back Party and Evening Dresses12More details
- SALEAmazonVera Mont VM Women's Kleider Maxi Cocktail Sleeveless Dress, Pink (Rosenquarz 4081), 10£97.65
Women's Kleider Maxi Cocktail Sleeveless Dress10More details
- SALEAmazonMy Evening Dress Women's Emily Knee-Length Plain Halterneck Dress, Black (Black B), 6 (Manufacturer Size: 34)£12.63
£54.88My Evening Dress
Women's Emily Knee-Length Plain Halterneck Dress8 10More details
The accessories you need
- SALEVestiaire CollectiveSaint Laurent purses, wallet & cases for women. Black Leather. Used condition. Saint Laurent, created in the 1960s by the infamous designer Yves Saint Laurent, is a pillar of elegance in the world of luxury and fashion. Thanks to avant-garde collections that elegantly highlight the feminine silhouette, the label has never failed to surprise. The YSL brand has revolutionised French luxury and has become an iconic brand taking the world by storm.£116.86
Leather Purses, Wallet & cases for WomenOne sizeMore details
- SALEVestiaire CollectiveDior necklace for women. Gold Metal. Used condition. A global icon in the world of international haute couture, Dior is an iconic symbol of French fashion. From the his very first collection, stylist Christian Dior has shown a stand-out creative talent. Since then, the Dior label is synonymous with luxury and inequivalent excellence. Each collection is acclaimed by fashion critics and each piece is unique and refined.£177.00
Metal Necklace for WomenOne sizeMore details
- SALEVestiaire CollectiveNon Signé / Unsigned earrings for women. Brown White gold. Used condition.£882.50
£940.68NON SIGNÉ / UNSIGNED
White gold Earrings for WomenOne sizeMore details
The shoes you need
There’s no other option here, your heels are your second best friend during prom! Either go for platform heels, wedge heels or for your good old pair of pumps. If your dress is sparkly, leave the glittery heels behind, but if your dress doesn't have much glamour, do go for a pair of sparkly heels.
With this edit we’re sure you’re making a good start to your prom dress hunt! Do not hesitate to go through our categories and search for a particular item: we’ve got filters ready to help you out. Good luck with finding your prom dress!