While it’s full on spring and summer is coming closer day by day, we can’t forget the fact that we’re still in the UK. A sunny day can end in some serious rainfall, or an expected beautiful spring day can turn into yet another one of these never ending rainy days. This season like any other, we’re opting for save and bringing along a coat for just in case. One of our favourite spring coats is the womens trench coat. It’s easy to style with the rest of our spring wardrobe and a long trench coat will protect our valuable items from any rain. There are plenty of styles to choose from...
Which Womens Trench Coat to Wear? Iconic vs Contemporary
Want to be iconic this London Fashion Week?
With these spring coats you’re sure to be a street style icon. Choose between:
Burberry trench coat in tartan check print
Beige long trench coat with black buttons
Shorter womens trench coat
- FarfetchA taffeta trench coat in our classic Kensington fit, updated with a detachable hood.£750.00Burberry
Detachable Hood Taffeta Trench Coat2 4 6 8 10 14More details
- FarfetchFounded in 1856, Burberry has been at the forefront of luxury ready-to-wear and accessories. Renowned for its exquisite craftsmanship and timeless silhouettes Burberry continues to celebrate the British aesthetic. Cut from cotton, this Vintage Check trench coat from Burberry features a classic collar, a hook & eye fastening, a double breasted front fastening, epaulettes on the shoulders, long sleeves, a belted waist, two front pockets and a storm flap.£2,239.00Burberry
Vintage Check trench coat6 8 10More details
- NET-A-PORTERAn iconic heritage coat, the Burberry trench was originally designed for the military, and the innovative weatherproof cotton-gabardine was invented by Thomas Burberry in 1879. Well over 100 years later, the original has evolved with four different cuts and lengths - this style is part of the 'Kensington' collection. Tailored with a mid-length hem, it's punctuated with all of the signature details including the checked lining, gun flap, storm shield and horn buttons.£1,450.00Burberry
The Kensington Cotton-gabardine Trench CoatUK4 UK6 UK8 UK10 UK14 UK16 UK18More details
Going for a contemporary twist this London Fashion Week?
For a more modern twist on the old classic, you could try:
Interesting patterns: floral, monograms, stripes, jacquard
Nontraditional fabrics: transparent, satin, silk
Spring colours: pastel shades of pink, green, blue
- SALEMytheresaThis self-tie belted trench coat made a strong impression on the MSGM Fall/Winter '18 runway, and now it can bring a bold touch to your everyday ensembles.£435.00
Vinyl trench coatUK 6More details
- SALENET-A-PORTERThe trench coat is an enduring classic, but we love how Fleur du Mal has made it feel a little bit cooler for the new season. Cut from glossy PVC, this lilac style has all the signature details - epaulettes, lapels and an optional buckled belt. The hem hits at mid-thigh, so it offers a good amount of coverage around your hips.£207.73
£715.00FLEUR DU MAL
Pvc Trench Coat - LilacUS4 US6More details
How do I style womens trench coat?
One of the reasons we love this style of spring coats so much is because it’s easily styled. If you’re on your way to run some errands, a beige coloured trench coat with your favourite pair of skinny jeans, a simple black t-shirt, a pair of brogues and a tote is all you need.
But let’s say you’re going somewhere and you need an outfit that’s a bit more dressed up. What to do then? Firstly, go for a darker coloured trench coat. Then, choose either a high waisted midi skirt and a crop top, or you can go for an asymmetrical dress, a great pair of heels and a simple, elegant necklace. As my mum always says, better to be overdressed than underdressed, right?
Mix & match and try out new combinations so your can discover new styles of wearing womens trench coat, this Spring London Fashion Week must have coat!